What’s the 2019 BMW X5 Towing Capacity?
The 2019 BMW X5 towing capacity is 6,600 to 7,200 pounds maximum. Additionally, the X5 has a payload capacity of 1,290 to 1,349 pounds. The new BMW X5 comes standard with all-wheel drive and two powerful engines, so it’s well-equipped to tackle rugged roads around San Marcos. Learn more about X5’s towing, off-road towing, and overall performance capabilities below!
BMW X5 Tow Package
When you purchase a brand-new X5 xDrive40i or X5 xDrive50i, you can add an optional BMW X5 tow hitch for $550. This Class III trailer hitch boosts the X5’s maximum towing capacity to 7,200 pounds.
Planning to tow a camper or a boat off the beaten path? You’ll need the optional Off-Road Package ($3,950) for increased balance and comfort. This package adds the following features to the X5 SUV:
- Front/Rear Underguards: Underguards offer extra protection for your X5 on the rocky or bumpy terrain around San Diego and Poway.
- Two-Axle Air Suspension: With this suspension system, the vehicle can raise and lower itself by 1.6 inches when traveling at low speeds.
- Electronically-Controlled Rear Differential Lock: With the M Sport Differential, the X5 benefits from a rear-wheel locking effect that improves control during cornering.
- Four Driving Modes: These modes select the best settings for the vehicle height, AWD system, power steering, accelerator response, automatic transmission, and more. This helps you traverse sand, rock, gravel, and snow.
BMW X5 Engine Options
The 2019 BMW X5 is offered in two trims: xDrive40i and xDrive50i. Both get unique engines. Here’s a quick look at their specs:
- 3.0L Twin-Turbo Inline-6: This is the standard engine for the xDrive40i. It comes paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission and generates 335 hp and 330 lb-ft of torque. Fuel economy is 20 mpg city/26 mpg highway.
- 4.4L TwinPower Turbo V8: You’ll get this engine with the xDrive50i, as well as an 8-speed automatic. It produces 456 hp and 479 lb-ft of torque and earns 17 mpg city/22 mpg highway.
Test Drive the New X5 at BMW of Escondido in Escondido!
Contact us at BMW of Escondido to learn more about the BMW X5 towing capacity, and how to get the BMW X5 trailer hitch. You’re also welcome to schedule a test drive to see how well it performs, especially compared to the Lexus RX, or compare the X5 trunk space to the rest of the BMW lineup, or even explore BMW X6 towing capacity. We’re located near Carlsbad and Temecula!
Recent Posts from BMW of Escondido
Do you know what the 68 warning lights on your BMW mean? Every BMW is quality-engineered and carefully designed to do the BMW name proud, and while unexpected issues on the road aren’t common, it’s important to be prepared on time. Download our complete guide of 68 dashboard symbols and warning lights and their meaning,…
I think by now we’ve all seen the Lexus “December to Remember” Christmas and Holiday Season sales campaign, and now that it’s in its 20th anniversary, we are sure to see it again. Over the years, other makers have even taken part in the spirit of the campaign, and at BMW, we are no exception….
How much is a BMW 3 Series? It’s actually priced well within reach of a lot of Escondido households, starting at just $41,450 for the BMW 330i Sedan. Of course, the BMW 3 Series price varies by model, like the BMW 330i xDrive and BMW M3 Sedan. So, we break down the price below for all…