What’s the 2019 BMW X5 Towing Capacity?
The 2019 BMW X5 towing capacity is 6,600 to 7,200 pounds maximum. Additionally, the X5 has a payload capacity of 1,290 to 1,349 pounds. The new BMW X5 comes standard with all-wheel drive and two powerful engines, so it’s well-equipped to tackle rugged roads around San Marcos. Learn more about X5’s towing, off-road towing, and overall performance capabilities below!
BMW X5 Tow Package
When you purchase a brand-new X5 xDrive40i or X5 xDrive50i, you can add an optional BMW X5 tow hitch for $550. This Class III trailer hitch boosts the X5’s maximum towing capacity to 7,200 pounds.
Planning to tow a camper or a boat off the beaten path? You’ll need the optional Off-Road Package ($3,950) for increased balance and comfort. This package adds the following features to the X5 SUV:
- Front/Rear Underguards: Underguards offer extra protection for your X5 on the rocky or bumpy terrain around San Diego and Poway.
- Two-Axle Air Suspension: With this suspension system, the vehicle can raise and lower itself by 1.6 inches when traveling at low speeds.
- Electronically-Controlled Rear Differential Lock: With the M Sport Differential, the X5 benefits from a rear-wheel locking effect that improves control during cornering.
- Four Driving Modes: These modes select the best settings for the vehicle height, AWD system, power steering, accelerator response, automatic transmission, and more. This helps you traverse sand, rock, gravel, and snow.
BMW X5 Engine Options
The 2019 BMW X5 is offered in two trims: xDrive40i and xDrive50i. Both get unique engines. Here’s a quick look at their specs:
- 3.0L Twin-Turbo Inline-6: This is the standard engine for the xDrive40i. It comes paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission and generates 335 hp and 330 lb-ft of torque. Fuel economy is 20 mpg city/26 mpg highway.
- 4.4L TwinPower Turbo V8: You’ll get this engine with the xDrive50i, as well as an 8-speed automatic. It produces 456 hp and 479 lb-ft of torque and earns 17 mpg city/22 mpg highway.
Test Drive the New X5 at BMW of Escondido in Escondido!
Contact us at BMW of Escondido to learn more about the BMW X5 towing capacity, and how to get the BMW X5 trailer hitch. You’re also welcome to schedule a test drive to see how well it performs, especially compared to the Lexus RX, or compare the X5 trunk space to the rest of the BMW lineup, or even explore BMW X6 towing capacity. We’re located near Carlsbad and Temecula!
Recent Posts from BMW of Escondido
When the rumor mills started talking about a 2 Series Gran Coupe model a couple years ago, we were perplexed on what that might look like for production. Given the elegance and utility of the 4 Series Gran Coupe model, we were hopeful — and we’re stoked on the result! It promises to be an…
What is ceramic paint protection? A ceramic coating, or nano-ceramic coating, is a liquid polymer that is applied by hand to the exterior of a vehicle. A true ceramic coating contains both silica and titanium dioxides, and chemically bonds with the vehicle’s factory paint to create a sealed layer of protection. There are a lot…
iDrive 7 is the latest and greatest BMW software, and it comes standard in all new available 2020 models. One of the hardest things about getting a new car is getting it set up so you feel at home again, including transferring your music and media. Because we had this question over the weekend and…